The IBS Council
The board of VU IBS is the collegial managing body of VU IBS and consists of seventeen members. The number of board members was approved by the sole initiator and shareholder — Vilnius University. The board is elected by Vilnius University for a period of five years. A new board was elected on November 12, 2007. It comprises persons delegated by the VU IBS student representation, VU IBS employees, and Lithuanian businesspeople. A newly elected board, at its first meeting, elects a chairman of the board who takes the position for a period of five years. The chairman of the present board is Mr. Nerijus Numavičius. Members of the board may serve for an unlimited period, but such activity is conducted on a voluntary basis.
Duties of the board:
1. Discuss and submit amendments to the VU IBS statute
2. Discuss and submit study and scientific research programmes
3. Coordinate and control whether the activity of VU IBS corresponds to the requirements of Vilnius University
4. Prepare reports about the scientific work conducted at VU IBS and submits them to the VU Science Committee and Science Division
5. Discuss and submit the annual financial reports of VU IBS
6. Solves issues that the school director presents about the initiation and reorganisation of VU IBS departments
7. Discuss and approve school director’s annual report and plan for and report on expenses and income
8. Approve VU IBS regulations and procedures for solving various academic issues
9. Analyse and make proposals about VU IBS activities
10. Take decisions on issues that are not under the jurisdiction of any other VU IBS bodies (according to the statute of VU IBS or the laws of the Republic of Lithuania)
11. Board meeting are legally affective when at least 2/3 of the board members are present. Decisions are deemed legally affective when they obtain at least 2/3 of member votes. All members of the board have equal voting rights.
The board functions according to the regulation of March 7, 2007.